|| Board Members, Meeting Dates and Posted Monthly Meeting Agenda
|In compliance with the Open Meeting Law requirements, please find below the posted agenda for the Nov. 24, 2020 Regular Monthly Meeting of the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. The meeting will be held at 10:00 A.M. at the Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street, Suite 116, Agawam, Massachusetts. The office is handicap accessable. In addition, the Board may enter into executive session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.|
Due to the ongoing Corona Virus Pandemic, this meeting will be conducted via conference call-in. To participate in this meeting you must call 1-978-990-5362 and when prompted enter the Access Code 250405 followed by pound or hashtag (#) at 10:00 A.M.
1. Minutes - Board to review and sign prior meeting minutes
2. Warrants - Board to approve payment for the following expenditures: Payroll, Refunds, Transfers, Expenses, Retirement Allowances
3. Balances - Board to review and approve the current balances in the Board's Checking Account, Savings Account
4. Cash Transfer - Board to approve Transfer of funds to cover month end checks
5. New Allowances - Board to approve 1st payment to new retirees
6. Retirement Applications - Board to review Superannuation
Retirement Applications filed
7. Investments - Board to review and approve most recent PRIT Fund statement
8. Notices of Injury - Board to review and approve for filing
9. New Members - Board to review and approve for membership
10. Disability Report & Expenses Breakdown - Board to review
11. Director's Report - Board to review and approve for filing
12. Trial Balance - Board to review and sign
NEW BUSINESS FOR MEETING NOV. 24, 2020:
13. Investments - Board to review with investment consultant from Segal Marco Advisors 3rd quarter investment performance and see what the outlook is for the markets in 2021 with a new administration in place in Washington, DC.
14. Survivor Benefits - Board to review retirement file of deceased inactive member and vote on approving Member-Survivor section 12(2)(d) benefits to surviving spouse.
15. Disability Application - Board to review with legal counsel Voluntary Accidental Disability Retirement application filed by active member and vote on accepting application to start the disability process.
16. Overtime - Board to review upcoming additional work to be done by staff regarding election, filing of federal forms and completion of annual statement approve use of overtime starting Dec. 7, 20220 to meet all of the required deadlines.
17. PERAC Audit - Board to review PERAC draft audit for the period 1/1/2014 - 12/31/2017 along with letter from Board to PERAC regarding audit.
A copy of the minutes of prior Board Meetings is available upon written request to the Retirement Board.
This agenda is posted at least 48 hours prior to the Board meeting on this website.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board Advisory Council will hold a meeting of the council on Thursday, October 29, 2020. The meeting will be held via conference call-in at 9:30 A.M. The call-in number to participate in the meeting is 1-978990-5362; then when prompted enter access code number 250405 followed by a pound or hashtag (#)
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Council to approve minutes from meeting held on September 29, 2020
2. Council, in its authority as the Election Board, to certify returned nomination papers from those individuals seeking the position of Member's Representative to the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board.
3. Council to review instructions to be included with ballot, ballot envelope and stamped return envelope for Member's Election. Council to also set ballot order
MEMBER'S ELECTION TIMETABLE:
October 8, 2020 - October 22, 2020 - Nomination papers available between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. at the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board office, 67 Hunt Street, Suite 116, Agawam, MA Papers must be returned by 4:00 P.M. on October 29, 2020
October 29, 2020 - Election Board to meet to certify returned nomination papers and set ballot order. Meeting to take place via conference-call in at 9:30 A.M.
November 13, 2020 - Mail out ballots to all active, inactive and retired members of the System. Ballots to be returned between November 14, 2020 - December 7, 2020. Ballots must be postmarked by Dec. 3, 2020.
December 18, 2020 - Election Board to meet at the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board office to count ballots and certify winner.
A second and final notice for filing of the Annual Affidavit will be mailed out on Sept. 30, 2020 to all those retirees and survivors who have not submitted the annual form. For this year only, the Board has waived the requirement that the form be notarized. All retirees and survivors receiving monthly benefits must sign the form and have their signature witnessed by a non-family member. The form should be mailed to the Retirement Board office, 67 Hunt Street - Suite 116, Agawam, MA 01001. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS SECOND AND FINAL NOTICE WILL RESULT IN A SUSPENSION OF THE MONTHLY RETIREMENT BENEFIT AS OF OCTOBER 31, 2020. THE AFFIDAVIT SHOULD BE FILED BY OCT. 25, 2020.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board is pleased to announce that at its regular monthly meeting held on April 29, 2020 the Board voted to grant a 3% Cost of Living increase on the first $18,000.00 of retirement income effective July 1, 2019 to those retirees and beneficiaries of the System who retired on or before June 30, 2019. The increase maximum increase for any retiree/beneficiary who receives more than $18,000.00 per year will be $540.00 per year paid monthly at $45.00. This increase will be reflected in the retirement allowance payment issued on July 31, 2020.