|| Board Members, Meeting Dates and Posted Monthly Meeting Agenda
|In compliance with the Open Meeting Law requirements, please find below the posted agenda for the April 29, 2019 Regular Monthly Meeting of the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. The meeting will be held at 10:00 A.M. at the Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street, Suite 116, Agawam, Massachusetts. The office is handicap accessable. In addition, the Board may enter into executive session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.|
1. Minutes - Board to review and sign prior meeting minutes
2. Warrants - Board to approve payment for the following expenditures: Payroll, Refunds, Transfers, Expenses, Retirement Allowances
3. Balances - Board to review and approve the current balances in the Board's Checking Account, Savings Account
4. Cash Transfer - Board to approve Transfer of funds to cover month end checks
5. New Allowances - Board to approve 1st payment to new retirees
6. Retirement Applications - Board to review Superannuation
Retirement Applications filed
7. Investments - Board to review and approve most recent PRIT Fund statement
8. Notices of Injury - Board to review and approve for filing
9. New Members - Board to review and approve for membership
10. Disability Report & Expenses Breakdown - Board to review
11. Director's Report - Board to review and approve for filing
12. Trial Balance - Board to review and sign
NEW BUSINESS FOR MEETING APRIL 29, 2019:
13. Board to hold a hearing to review medical panel reports and certificates from medical panel doctors and to vote on member's Voluntary Accidental/Ordinary Disability Retirement applications.
14. Board to sign Investment Consultant contract.
15. Board to sign contract extension with actuary to perform GASB 67/68 reports for 2018 outside audit.
16. Board to sign renewal of Worker's Comp Insurance and Property/Liability Insurance for 7/1/19 - 6/30/20.
17. Board to review request from member unit to re-employ retiree pursuant to MGL c. 32 section 91(b)(c).
18. Board to approve attending educational conferences to be held in June, 2019 and July, 2019.
19. Board to approve transfer of funds from PRIT to cash account to cover expenses for May and June, 2019.
20. Board to vote on granting COLA increase effective July 1, 2019.
21. Board to meet with Investment Consultant to review investment performance for 4th quarter 2018 and 1st quarter 2019.
A copy of the minutes of prior Board Meetings is available upon written request to the Retirement Board.
This agenda is posted at least 48 hours prior to the Board meeting on this website.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board is pleased to announce that at its regular monthly meeting held on April 29, 2019 the Board voted to grant a 3% Cost of Living increase on the first $18,000.00 of retirement income effective July 1, 2019 to those retirees and beneficiaries of the System who retired on or before June 30, 2018. The increase maximum increase for any retiree/beneficiary who receives more than $18,000.00 per year will be $540.00 per year paid monthly at $45.00. This increase will be reflected in the retirement allowance payment issued on July 31, 2019.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board Advisory Council held a meeting of the council on Friday, December 14, 2018. At the meeting, the Advisory Council member's re-elected Laurel Placzek to serve as the council's representative to the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board for the three (3) year period January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2021. Mrs. Placzek, the Treasurer/Collector for the Town of Agawam and the Treasurer of the Western Hampden Veteran's District has served as the council's representative on the Retirement Board since 1998.