|| Board Members, Meeting Dates and Posted Monthly Meeting Agenda
|In compliance with the Open Meeting Law requirements, please find below the posted agenda for the October 30, 2019 Regular Monthly Meeting of the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. The meeting will be held at 10:00 A.M. at the Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street, Suite 116, Agawam, Massachusetts. The office is handicap accessable. In addition, the Board may enter into executive session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.|
1. Minutes - Board to review and sign prior meeting minutes
2. Warrants - Board to approve payment for the following expenditures: Payroll, Refunds, Transfers, Expenses, Retirement Allowances
3. Balances - Board to review and approve the current balances in the Board's Checking Account, Savings Account
4. Cash Transfer - Board to approve Transfer of funds to cover month end checks
5. New Allowances - Board to approve 1st payment to new retirees
6. Retirement Applications - Board to review Superannuation
Retirement Applications filed
7. Investments - Board to review and approve most recent PRIT Fund statement
8. Notices of Injury - Board to review and approve for filing
9. New Members - Board to review and approve for membership
10. Disability Report & Expenses Breakdown - Board to review
11. Director's Report - Board to review and approve for filing
12. Trial Balance - Board to review and sign
NEW BUSINESS FOR MEETING OCTOBER 30, 2019
13. Board to review letter from member rescinding retirement application.
14. Board to review request from member unit to hire retired employee under the provision of MGL c. 32 section 91 (b)(c)
15. Board to review information from MIIA regarding new medicare supplemental insurance rates effective 1/1/2020 and vote on approving new rates.
16. Board legal counsel to update and advise the Board on options available in connection with the voluntary accidental disability retirement application filed by member under the provisions of MGL c. 32 section 94.
17. Board to review documentation and vote on granting member survivor benefits under MGL c. 32 section 12(2)(d) to surviving spouse of deceased active member.
18. Board investment consultant to review investment performance for the 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2019 with the Board.
A copy of the minutes of prior Board Meetings is available upon written request to the Retirement Board.
This agenda is posted at least 48 hours prior to the Board meeting on this website.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board Advisory Council will be holding a meeting of the Council on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 9:00 A.M. at the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street Suite 116, Agawam, MA
AGENDA for Advisory Council meeting on OCTOBER 30, 2019:
1. MINUTES: Council to review and approve minutes from meeting held on September 27, 2019.
2. MEMBER'S REPRESENTATIVE ELECTION: Advisory Council in its authority as Election Board to review and certify returned nomination papers from individuals seeking to run for the position of Member's Representative to the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board and set the ballot order. This position is for three (3) years for the period January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2022. All active, inactive and retired members of the System are eligible to run for this position.
3. NEW BUSINESS:
A SECOND AND FINAL NOTICE for completion of the Annual Affidavit will be sent on September 30, 2019 to those retirees and beneficiaries who have not filed the 2019 affidavit with the Retirement Board. The affidavits must be notarized and returned to the Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street, Suite 116, Agawam, MA by THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2019. Failure to comply with this FINAL NOTICE will result in SUSPENSION OF THE MONTHLY RETIREMENT BENEFIT EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 31, 2019.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board is pleased to announce that at its regular monthly meeting held on April 29, 2019 the Board voted to grant a 3% Cost of Living increase on the first $18,000.00 of retirement income effective July 1, 2019 to those retirees and beneficiaries of the System who retired on or before June 30, 2018. The increase maximum increase for any retiree/beneficiary who receives more than $18,000.00 per year will be $540.00 per year paid monthly at $45.00. This increase will be reflected in the retirement allowance payment issued on July 31, 2019.