|| Board Members, Meeting Dates and Posted Monthly Meeting Agenda
|In compliance with the Open Meeting Law requirements, please find below the posted agenda for the March 30, 2020 Regular Monthly Meeting of the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. The meeting will be held at 10:00 A.M. at the Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street, Suite 116, Agawam, Massachusetts. The office is handicap accessable. In addition, the Board may enter into executive session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.|
1. Minutes - Board to review and sign prior meeting minutes
2. Warrants - Board to approve payment for the following expenditures: Payroll, Refunds, Transfers, Expenses, Retirement Allowances
3. Balances - Board to review and approve the current balances in the Board's Checking Account, Savings Account
4. Cash Transfer - Board to approve Transfer of funds to cover month end checks
5. New Allowances - Board to approve 1st payment to new retirees
6. Retirement Applications - Board to review Superannuation
Retirement Applications filed
7. Investments - Board to review and approve most recent PRIT Fund statement
8. Notices of Injury - Board to review and approve for filing
9. New Members - Board to review and approve for membership
10. Disability Report & Expenses Breakdown - Board to review
11. Director's Report - Board to review and approve for filing
12. Trial Balance - Board to review and sign
NEW BUSINESS FOR MEETING MARCH 30, 2020
13. Board to review and approve new health insurance rates effective 7/1/2020 for retirement board staff, board members and board retirees.
14. Board to review and approve continuation of Workman's Compensation and Property & Liability insurance with MIIA effective 7/1/2020.
15. Board to review letter from member unit seeking to re-employ retiree pursuant to the provision of MGL c. 32 section 91 (b)(c).
16. Board to review PERAC memo #16/2020 regarding paying estimated retirement benefits in lieu of timely receipt of PERAC Benefit Approval letter due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board has issued an RFP for Actuarial Services. The due date to submit proposals is Friday, March 6, 2020 at 3:00 P.M. To request the RFP please contact the Board's Executive Director, Julianne Bartley, via email at email@example.com
A copy of the minutes of prior Board Meetings is available upon written request to the Retirement Board.
This agenda is posted at least 48 hours prior to the Board meeting on this website.
At a meeting of the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board Advisory Council held on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 the Council, in its capacity as Election Board certified the nomination papers for those individuals seeking the position of Member's Representative to the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. There being only one (1) person who returned papers and had them certified, the Advisory Council declared Patricia Donovan to be the winner and re-elected to the position of Member's Representative to the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. Ms. Donovan will serve a three (3) year term for the period January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2022.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board Advisory Council will be holding a meeting of the Council on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 9:00 A.M. at the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street Suite 116, Agawam, MA
AGENDA for Advisory Council meeting on OCTOBER 30, 2019:
1. MINUTES: Council to review and approve minutes from meeting held on September 27, 2019.
2. MEMBER'S REPRESENTATIVE ELECTION: Advisory Council in its authority as Election Board to review and certify returned nomination papers from individuals seeking to run for the position of Member's Representative to the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board and set the ballot order. This position is for three (3) years for the period January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2022. All active, inactive and retired members of the System are eligible to run for this position.
3. NEW BUSINESS:
A SECOND AND FINAL NOTICE for completion of the Annual Affidavit will be sent on September 30, 2019 to those retirees and beneficiaries who have not filed the 2019 affidavit with the Retirement Board. The affidavits must be notarized and returned to the Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street, Suite 116, Agawam, MA by THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2019. Failure to comply with this FINAL NOTICE will result in SUSPENSION OF THE MONTHLY RETIREMENT BENEFIT EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 31, 2019.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board is pleased to announce that at its regular monthly meeting held on April 29, 2019 the Board voted to grant a 3% Cost of Living increase on the first $18,000.00 of retirement income effective July 1, 2019 to those retirees and beneficiaries of the System who retired on or before June 30, 2018. The increase maximum increase for any retiree/beneficiary who receives more than $18,000.00 per year will be $540.00 per year paid monthly at $45.00. This increase will be reflected in the retirement allowance payment issued on July 31, 2019.