|| Board Members, Meeting Dates and Posted Monthly Meeting Agenda
|In compliance with the Open Meeting Law requirements, please find below the posted agenda for the February 24, 2021 Regular Monthly Meeting of the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. The meeting will be held at 10:00 A.M. at the Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street, Suite 116, Agawam, Massachusetts. The office is handicap accessable. In addition, the Board may enter into executive session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.|
Due to the ongoing Corona Virus Pandemic, this meeting will be conducted via conference call-in. To participate in this meeting you must call 1-978-990-5362 and when prompted enter the Access Code 250405 followed by pound or hashtag (#) at 10:00 A.M.
1. Minutes - Board to review and sign prior meeting minutes
2. Warrants - Board to approve payment for the following expenditures: Payroll, Refunds, Transfers, Expenses, Retirement Allowances
3. Balances - Board to review and approve the current balances in the Board's Checking Account, Savings Account
4. Cash Transfer - Board to approve Transfer of funds to cover month end checks
5. New Allowances - Board to approve 1st payment to new retirees
6. Retirement Applications - Board to review Superannuation
Retirement Applications filed
7. Investments - Board to review and approve most recent PRIT Fund statement
8. Notices of Injury - Board to review and approve for filing
9. New Members - Board to review and approve for membership
10. Disability Report & Expenses Breakdown - Board to review
11. Director's Report - Board to review and approve for filing
12. Trial Balance - Board to review and sign
NEW BUSINESS FOR MEETING FEBRUARY 24, 2021:
13. Investment Review - Board to review 4th quarter 2020 portfolio investment performance with consultant from Segal Marco Advisors and to hear from advisor regarding outlook for the markets in 2021.
14. RFP Legal Services - Board to review
A copy of the minutes of prior Board Meetings is available upon written request to the Retirement Board.
This agenda is posted at least 48 hours prior to the Board meeting on this website.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board Advisory Council, in its capacity as the Election Board, met on Friday, December 18, 2020 and counted the returned ballots in the election of a Member's Representative to the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. The Advisory Council declared Karl Schmaelzle the winner. Mr. Schmaelzle defeated Paul Pasterczyck and Audra Staples. Mr. Schmaelzle will serve a three year term for the period Jan. 1, 2021 - Dec. 31, 2023.
A second and final notice for filing of the Annual Affidavit will be mailed out on Sept. 30, 2020 to all those retirees and survivors who have not submitted the annual form. For this year only, the Board has waived the requirement that the form be notarized. All retirees and survivors receiving monthly benefits must sign the form and have their signature witnessed by a non-family member. The form should be mailed to the Retirement Board office, 67 Hunt Street - Suite 116, Agawam, MA 01001. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS SECOND AND FINAL NOTICE WILL RESULT IN A SUSPENSION OF THE MONTHLY RETIREMENT BENEFITS EFFECTIVE OCT. 31, 2020.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board is pleased to announce that at its regular monthly meeting held on April 29, 2020 the Board voted to grant a 3% Cost of Living increase on the first $18,000.00 of retirement income effective July 1, 2019 to those retirees and beneficiaries of the System who retired on or before June 30, 2019. The increase maximum increase for any retiree/beneficiary who receives more than $18,000.00 per year will be $540.00 per year paid monthly at $45.00. This increase will be reflected in the retirement allowance payment issued on July 31, 2020.