|| Board Members, Meeting Dates and Posted Monthly Meeting Agenda
|In compliance with the Open Meeting Law requirements, please find below the posted agenda for the September 27, 2018 Regular Monthly Meeting of the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. The meeting will be held at 10:00 A.M. at the Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street, Suite 116, Agawam, Massachusetts. The office is handicap accessable. In addition, the Board may enter into executive session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.|
1. Minutes - Board to review and sign prior meeting minutes
2. Warrants - Board to approve payment for the following expenditures: Payroll, Refunds, Transfers, Expenses, Retirement Allowances
3. Balances - Board to review and approve the current balances in the Board's Checking Account, Savings Account
4. Cash Transfer - Board to approve Transfer of funds to cover month end checks
5. New Allowances - Board to approve 1st payment to new retirees
6. Retirement Applications - Board to review Superannuation
Retirement Applications filed
7. Investments - Board to review and approve most recent PRIT Fund statement
8. Notices of Injury - Board to review and approve for filing
9. New Members - Board to review and approve for membership
10. Disability Report & Expenses Breakdown - Board to review
11. Director's Report - Board to review and approve for filing
12. Trial Balance - Board to review and sign
13. New Business taken up at the SEPTEMBER 27, 2018 Meeting:
Board to hold hearing to review medical panel reports and certificates and vote on member's Voluntary Accidental Disability Retirement application.
Board to review and accept for processing Involuntary Accidental Disability Retirement application for member filed by department head.
Board to review with legal counsel member's refund application and possible MGL c. 32 section 15 implications.
Board to review 1/1/2018 actuarial valuation of the system with actuary and recommendations contained in the report and vote on approving and accepting the valuation.
Legal counsel to discuss with Board RFP for Investment Consultant services.
Board to approve transfer of funds to PRIT Fund.
A copy of the minutes of prior Board Meetings is available upon written request to the Retirement Board.
This agenda is posted at least 48 hours prior to the Board meeting on this website.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board is pleased to announce that at its regular monthly meeting held on April 26, 2018 the Board voted to grant a 3% Cost of Living increase on the first $18,000.00 of retirement income effective July 1, 2018 to those retirees and beneficiaries of the System who retired on or before June 30, 2016. The increase maximum increase for any retiree/beneficiary who receives more than $18,000.00 per year will be $540.00 per year paid monthly at $45.00. This increase will be reflected in the retirement allowance payment issued on July 31, 2018.
On AUGUST 31, 2018 the Retirement Board will mail out to all retirees and beneficiaries/survivors of the System the Annual Affidavit. This affidavit must be signed by the individual receiving monthly benefits from the Retirement Board, or their legal representative and must also be notarized by a non-family member and returned to the Retirement Board on or before September 22, 2018. Failure to comply will result in suspension of the monthly retirement allowance check. We remind you that THERE IS NOT A NOTARY ON STAFF AT THE RETIREMENT BOARD OFFICE.