|| Board Members, Meeting Dates and Posted Monthly Meeting Agenda
|In compliance with the Meeting Notices: Pursuant to Governor Bakers March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain provision of the Open Meeting Law G.L. c. 30A§18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order, as amended and superseded, in part, imposing strict limitations on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by the members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend |
this meeting can be found on the office of the AG Web page at:
No in-person attendance by members of the public will be permitted.
The Open Meeting Law requirements, please find below the posted agenda for the April 29, 2021 Regular Monthly Meeting of the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. The meeting will be held at 10:00 A.M. at the Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street, Suite 116, Agawam, Massachusetts. The office is handicap accessible. In addition, the Board may enter into executive session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.
Due to the ongoing Corona Virus Pandemic, this meeting will be conducted via Zoom. To participate in this meeting please connect via the following link at 10:00 A.M.
Topic: Hampden County Regional Retirement Board Monthly Meeting
Time: Apr 29, 2021 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 913 2428 3450
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,91324283450#,,,,*945687# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,91324283450#,,,,*945687# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 913 2428 3450
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adY354IpZZ
1. Minutes - Board to review and sign prior meeting minutes
2. Warrants - Board to approve payment for the following expenditures: Payroll, Refunds, Transfers, Expenses, Retirement Allowances
3. Balances - Board to review and approve the current balances in the Board's Checking Account, Savings Account
4. Cash Transfer - Board to approve Transfer of funds to cover month end checks
5. New Allowances - Board to approve 1st payment to new retirees
6. Retirement Applications - Board to review Superannuation
Retirement Applications filed
7. Investments - Board to review and approve most recent PRIT Fund statement
8. Notices of Injury - Board to review and approve for filing
9. New Members - Board to review and approve for membership
10. Disability Report & Expenses Breakdown - Board to review
11. Audit Committee Report - Board to hear from committee chair
12. Director's Report - Board to review and approve for filing
13. Trial Balance - Board to review and sign
NEW BUSINESS FOR MEETING APRIL 29, 2021:
EXECUTIVE SESSION – The Board may go into Executive Session in order to discuss the price proposals received from the candidates to be interviewed for the position of legal counsel to the Retirement Board.
14. 2020 Annual Statement - Board to review and sign annual statement to be sent to PERAC.
15. Closing Bank of America Cash Account - Board to approve closing Bank of America cash account and transfer balance to PRIT Fund
16. RFP Retirement Application Software - Board to approve issuing RFP for retirement software to upgrade System
17. COLA - Board to vote on granting COLA increase to those retirees and survivors of the System who retired on or before June 30, 2020. COLA to be effective July 1, 2021 and reflected with the retirement benefit payments issued July 31, 2021.
18. Legal Counsel Interviews - Board to conduct interviews with chosen responding attorneys who submitted responses to recently issued RFP for Legal Services.
A copy of the minutes of prior Board Meetings is available upon written request to the Retirement Board.
This agenda is posted at least 48 hours prior to the Board meeting on this website.
The Board Reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. The listing of matters is those reasonably anticipated by the Chair, which may be discussed at the meeting at least (48) hours prior to the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Items identified for discussion in Executive Session may be conducted in open session in addition to or in lieu of discussion in Executive Session.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board Advisory Council, in its capacity as the Election Board, met on Friday, December 18, 2020 and counted the returned ballots in the election of a Member's Representative to the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. The Advisory Council declared Karl Schmaelzle the winner. Mr. Schmaelzle defeated Paul Pasterczyck and Audra Staples. Mr. Schmaelzle will serve a three year term for the period Jan. 1, 2021 - Dec. 31, 2023.
A second and final notice for filing of the Annual Affidavit will be mailed out on Sept. 30, 2020 to all those retirees and survivors who have not submitted the annual form. For this year only, the Board has waived the requirement that the form be notarized. All retirees and survivors receiving monthly benefits must sign the form and have their signature witnessed by a non-family member. The form should be mailed to the Retirement Board office, 67 Hunt Street - Suite 116, Agawam, MA 01001. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS SECOND AND FINAL NOTICE WILL RESULT IN A SUSPENSION OF THE MONTHLY RETIREMENT BENEFITS EFFECTIVE OCT. 31, 2020.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board is pleased to announce that at its regular monthly meeting held on April 29, 2021 the Board voted to grant a 3% Cost of Living increase on the first $18,000.00 of retirement income effective July 1, 2020 to those retirees and beneficiaries of the System who retired on or before June 30, 2020. The maximum increase for any retiree/beneficiary who receives more than $18,000.00 per year will be $540.00 per year. The additional amount will be $45.00 per month. This increase will be reflected in the retirement allowance payment issued on July 31, 2021.