|| Board Members, Meeting Dates and Posted Monthly Meeting Agenda
|In compliance with the Open Meeting Law requirements, please find below the posted agenda for the February 23, 2018 Regular Monthly Meeting of the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. The meeting will be held at 10:00 A.M. at the Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street, Suite 116, Agawam, Massachusetts. The office is handicap accessable. In addition, the Board may enter into executive session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.|
1. Minutes - Board to review and sign prior meeting minutes
2. Warrants - Board to approve payment for the following expenditures: Payroll, Refunds, Transfers, Expenses, Retirement Allowances
3. Balances - Board to review and approve the current balances in the Board's Checking Account, Savings Account
4. Cash Transfer - Board to approve Transfer of funds to cover month end checks
5. New Allowances - Board to approve 1st payment to new retirees
6. Retirement Applications - Board to review Superannuation
Retirement Applications filed
7. Investments - Board to review and approve most recent PRIT Fund statement
8. Notices of Injury - Board to review and approve for filing
9. New Members - Board to review and approve for membership
10. Disability Report & Expenses Breakdown - Board to review
11. Director's Report - Board to review and approve for filing
12. Trial Balance - Board to review and sign
13. New Business taken up at the FEBRUARY 23, 2018 Meeting:
Board to hold hearing to review medical panel reports and certificates and to vote on Voluntary Accidental Disability Retirement filed by member
Board to review and accept for processing Voluntary Ordinary Disability Retirement application filed by member.
Board to review and vote on attending NCPERS conference
Board to review with legal counsel letter from PERAC regarding benefits payable under MGL C. 32 s. 89E(1) to surviving spouse of deceased active member
A copy of the minutes of prior Board Meetings is available upon written request to the Retirement Board.
This agenda is posted at least 48 hours prior to the Board meeting on this website.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board office will be closed from 12:00 P.M. on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 until 8:00 A.M. on Monday, November 27, 2017 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board Advisory Council at its meeting held on Monday, October 30, 2017 declared Karl Schmaelzle as the elected Member's Representative to the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. Mr. Schmaelzle was the only candidate to return nomination papers. Mr. Schmaelzle shall serve as the Member's Representative for the period January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2020.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board is pleased to announce that at its regular monthly meeting held on Tuesday, May 29, 2017 the Board voted to grant a 3% Cost of Living Adjustment on the first $18,000.00 of retirement income for those retirees and beneficiaries of the System who retired on or before June 30, 2016 effective July 1, 2017 payable July 31, 2017. For those retirees and beneficiaries who are receiving $18,000.00 a year or more in a retirement allowance the maximum increase will be $540.00 per year, which is an additional $45.00 per month.