|| Board Members, Meeting Dates and Posted Monthly Meeting Agenda
|In compliance with the Open Meeting Law requirements, please find below the posted agenda for the January 30, 2019 Regular Monthly Meeting of the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board. The meeting will be held at 10:00 A.M. at the Retirement Board Office, 67 Hunt Street, Suite 116, Agawam, Massachusetts. The office is handicap accessable. In addition, the Board may enter into executive session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.|
1. Minutes - Board to review and sign prior meeting minutes
2. Warrants - Board to approve payment for the following expenditures: Payroll, Refunds, Transfers, Expenses, Retirement Allowances
3. Balances - Board to review and approve the current balances in the Board's Checking Account, Savings Account
4. Cash Transfer - Board to approve Transfer of funds to cover month end checks
5. New Allowances - Board to approve 1st payment to new retirees
6. Retirement Applications - Board to review Superannuation
Retirement Applications filed
7. Investments - Board to review and approve most recent PRIT Fund statement
8. Notices of Injury - Board to review and approve for filing
9. New Members - Board to review and approve for membership
10. Disability Report & Expenses Breakdown - Board to review
11. Director's Report - Board to review and approve for filing
12. Trial Balance - Board to review and sign
13. New Business taken up at the JANUARY 30, 2019 Meeting:
Board to review waiver request submitted by member to waive repayment pursuant to the provisions of MGL c. 32 section 20(5)(c)
A copy of the minutes of prior Board Meetings is available upon written request to the Retirement Board.
This agenda is posted at least 48 hours prior to the Board meeting on this website.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board is pleased to announce that at its regular monthly meeting held on April 26, 2018 the Board voted to grant a 3% Cost of Living increase on the first $18,000.00 of retirement income effective July 1, 2018 to those retirees and beneficiaries of the System who retired on or before June 30, 2016. The increase maximum increase for any retiree/beneficiary who receives more than $18,000.00 per year will be $540.00 per year paid monthly at $45.00. This increase will be reflected in the retirement allowance payment issued on July 31, 2018.
Please note that on AUGUST 31, 2018 and again on September 28, 2018 the Retirement Board mailed out to all retirees and beneficiaries/survivors of the System the Annual Affidavit. This affidavit was due back in the office by October 23, 2018. AS of OCTOBER 31, 2018 the Board will be holding monthly retirement allowance checks for any outstanding affidavit. If you would normally receive a direct deposit of your retirement benefit and you have not sent in the completed affidavit, no direct deposit will be made on October 31, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact the Retirement Board office at 737-1344. We remind you that THERE IS NOT A NOTARY ON STAFF AT THE RETIREMENT BOARD OFFICE.
The Hampden County Regional Retirement Board Advisory Council held a meeting of the council on Friday, December 14, 2018. At the meeting, the Advisory Council member's re-elected Laurel Placzek to serve as the council's representative to the Hampden County Regional Retirement Board for the three (3) year period January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2021. Mrs. Placzek, the Treasurer/Collector for the Town of Agawam and the Treasurer of the Western Hampden Veteran's District has served as the council's representative on the Retirement Board since 1998.